- Undergraduate: Calvin College (B.A. Business, German, Psychology 1985)
- Medical Degree: Michigan State University: College of Human Medicine (M.D., 1999)
- Residency: GRMERC Spectrum Health/St. Mary’s Medical Center (2002)
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- Fellow of the American Academy of Family Practice (FAAFP)
- Physicians of West Michigan (POWM)
- West Michigan Physician Network (WMPN)
- Michigan Physician Insurance Exchange (MPIE)
- Associate Clinical Faculty of Family Medicine, MSU: College of Human Medicine
- Associate Clinical Faculty of Family Medicine, GVSU
Dr. Hamersma believes in the importance of treating the whole person and their families. He strives to involve patients in the decision-making process and is attentive to the individual needs of his patients. He enjoys caring for both children and adults.
Dr. Hamersma grew up in Grand Rapids, MI. He is married to Glenes. He is active in the church and community. He enjoys reading, walking and cross-country skiing.